Friday, February 17, 2012

The Wounded Healer (Part 1)

The world is hurting. Plain and simple. Life is getting more complicated, more demanding, and more and more people are being treated for stress-induced diseases than ever. Did you know that a 15 year old today have stress levels of a mid-life adult in the 1960's? That speaks volumes of the world that we are living in. As a consequence we are all wounded.

This becomes especially difficult to believers such as ourselves to confront. How can we as Christians heal others when we ourselves are wounded? In this blog, I hope to learn about what other Christians have to say. Let's hope that all those wounded warriors, will rise and pose healing solutions to others in pain.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more on this. The world that we live today is so stressful and so demanding that it almost feels like we have no time to spend with our families and with God! It is so important to keep in touch with God just to keep some peace in my life. The little time I do find I use it to listen to some good worship music to get me through my days. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about something similar today on how as a Christian I want to help others yet I too feel like I need that constant embrace. People associate "Christians" with everything is ok but we still need as much help as a non-believer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true! I started writing about this also. God has given all these free gifts to us: love, peace and joy. Yet, the world has put a price tag on all of these gifts that are meant to be free. God meant for us to live in simplicity not complexity. This reminds me of, "An Interview With God."

    Man asked God: "What surprises you most about humankind?"

    God answered: "That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as if they'll never die and die as though they had never lived."

    ReplyDelete