Friday, May 18, 2012

Money and Trust

This week, I learned an important lesson:  money is nothing without God's Hand in your life.  I have been working in a couple of side projects in hopes to transition into a new, more stable job.  I had been doing this work without any monetary compensation.  About a month ago, my collaborator indicated that he will try to help me get some monetary incentives for my efforts.  Suddenly, what was supposed to be a voluntary job to honor God and my profession became a monetary quest.  All I thought about was how much I can do so that I can get as much money as I could. But yesterday, a cold reality set it and I was informed by the administration that I am not entitled to any monetary compensation in exchange for any additional work that I do.  That was very frustrating!  I became upset and even toyed with the idea of leaving my job!

Luckily, I have a wonderful spouse that encouraged me and helped me put things into perspective. My spouse said, "You just have to take a chance, trust in God, and never put money in the mix."  As I thought about it, I realized my spouse was right!  What was I doing? The next day, I came upon Proverbs and a verse that talked about not toiling with wealth because once you do, it will fly away as easily as it got on your hands.  I asked God for forgiveness and have refocused my views on God's purpose and His Love.  If you are going through something similar today, remember that your God provides for you and that as long as you keep your eyes on Him, everything will be fine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment